Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The line...

First of all, I'd like to draw attention to the fact that I am on blogging-fire!
...
Don't get used to it.  I fully expect this to end in approximately 3 weeks, when I return to my full-time Graduate Hall Director/ Student gig.

But while I'm sharing just about every thought in my head with you... here's another one that you might not like.
Womps.

So... I pride myself on actually being pretty comfortable with most things, especially as it pertains to roommates. I find that as I get older, I find more things really gross, which is unfortunate...  for example, I used to not care about stray hairs around the sink and/or shower.  Now they make me gag a little.  Especially if they are clearly not mine.  And wet.  *gag*

But, anyway, aside from that... pretty comfortable being very open and personal with you from the get-go.
Those of you who know me are thinking, "Hmm.. standard.  Yes.  With you so far."
Great.
So.
My roommate and I do laundry together.
Which might seem a little fast, as we've only known each other for about four weeks... but we moved in with each other about 5 seconds after meeting, so what can you expect, right?

Anyway.  Terrible jokes aside, we do our laundry together mainly because we don't have our own washer and dryer and have been relegated to bumming off of the other resident directors.  Which they are all extremely gracious about.  But... let's be honest.  It's still a little awkward, as we are intruding into their homes and evenings.  Often more than once.  So, we combine to try to intrude as infrequently as possible.

As such, we tend to sort and fold each other's laundry too.  Because we're nice like that.

I don't mind folding other people's underwear.  Really, if you think about it, it's clean, and it just covers the butt, so... whatever.
But.
You cannot tell me that when you go to fold somebody else's thong, the first thought that pops in your mind is not, "... Oh my God.  This was in. your. butt."


And then it's over.
Really.  Once you have that thought, you just can't continue.

Or at least I couldn't.

So... I folded everything nice and neat... and then left a pile of vaguely wadded underwear to the side.
I am sorry, roommate.  That is just a line we cannot cross.



Also.  completely unrelated:
Please go to this website.
And then, please scroll through the first seven pictures at the bottom.  Then laugh loudly.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment